This 5 Minute Morning Routine Will Guarantee A Great Start To The Day



Ever wake up and you’re just not feeling it? You wake up tired, unmotivated or distracted? You have a million things on your plate but you don’t feel like doing any of them. It happens to me at least once a week.
photo-1422433555807-2559a27433bd

When Bad Days Happen To Good People
Waking up on the wrong side of the bed is normal. It happens to everyone. The problem is when you don’t do anything about it.
By not doing anything about it, you leave every day up to chance. Not having control over whether you have a productive or successful day is no way to live.
Why gamble on the success of your day when you can intentionally make it successful – no matter how you wake up?
How To Have More Good Days
I’ve been doing something ridiculously simple every morning for 5 years that has changed my life. I begin every day with something positive and relevant that refocuses me and sets the tone for the day.
This can be anything that:  
  • Inspires you 
  • Changes your perspective  
  • Improves your attitude
  • Motivates you
  • Puts a smile on your face
  • Challenges you
  • Reminds you of your goals
Maybe it’s a blog post from this blog. Maybe it’s an episode of your favorite podcast. Maybe it’s a few pages from a book or a YouTube video. Whatever it is, MAKE (don’t find) time to consume it for a few minutes every morning.
I told you it was easy, BUT there’s one more component to it…
Make it Relevant
This has probably happened to you, whether it was on purpose or not.
You read, watch or hear something that couldn’t have come at a better time. It’s exactly what you need to solve that problem, finish that project or get you through the rest of the day.
Have you ever thought about why this happens? The timing was perfect. It was super relevant to what you were going through, and you wanted to experience it.
You have to WANT to have a good day to actually have a good day. You don’t have to wake up on the right side of the bed everyday – you have to go to sleep on the right side of the bed.
“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.”
– Vince Lombardi
So what are you working on right now? What are you going through? What challenges are you facing?  
This morning I woke up and before I got out of bed, I grabbed my iPhone and read a few pages of a Kindle book about entrepreneurship. I skipped ahead to the chapters about a growth challenge I’ve been tackling in my business and it gave me a unique perspective I hadn’t thought of. After a few pages I was ready to jump out of bed and start my day.
I didn’t wake up inspired. I woke up determined to have a great day. Inspiration follows determination.
Your 5-Minute Challenge
I want to challenge you: For the next two weeks, spend 5 minutes on yourself in the morning to proactively set the tone for your day.
You already get yourself ready every morning – you bathe and dress yourself, comb your hair, put on your makeup, wax your moustache. Why wouldn’t you prep your mind as well?
Watch a video or read chapter while you’re eating breakfast, or set your alarm for 5 minutes earlier and read something while lying in bed. Try blasting a podcast while in the shower… the format doesn’t matter.
You don’t need an elaborate morning ritual to get started.
What matters is proactively choosing to start your day in the right way.  
So what inspires, motivates or helps you start your day the right way?

Comentários

Mensagens populares